Searching for Highest Paying Doctoral Degrees?
Earning your doctorate degree is a rewarding experience that is not for the faint of heart. It requires a lot of hard work, commitment, and dedication. If you are thinking of continuing your education, knowing the highest paying doctoral degrees is a good first step in your research.
Capella University – Online Doctoral Degrees
Capella University offers accelerated classes: 10 week online classes.
Many higher education faculty positions require a doctoral degree which can prepare you for leadership, research, teaching, or consulting positions in a variety of fields. Capella’s online doctoral programs offer advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in a wide-range of fields.
Online Doctorate Degrees:
- Business / Accounting / Leadership / Project Management / Business Intelligence / Management
- Criminal Justice
- Education / Counselor Education
- Health Administration
- Human Behavior / Human Services
- Information Technology / IT Management / Information Security
- Organization and Management
- Psychology / Educational Psychology / Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Health Care Administration
- Nursing Education
- Public Administration / Public Health
- Social Work / Social and Community Services
- Training and Performance Improvement
Highest Paying Doctoral Degrees
As you can see from the list below, doctorates in a medical related field hold a majority of the highest paying jobs. This is a change in recent years when business executives typically topped the list of highest paying. This coincides with the increase in the demand for medical professionals.
Highest Paying Doctoral Degrees (as reported by U.S. News and World Report):
- Surgeons – $219,000
- Anesthesiologist – $211,000
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon – $210,000
- Orthodontist – $206,000
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist – $204,000
- Prosthodontists – $186,000
- General Internist – $184,000
- General Dentistry – $179,000
- Podiatrists – $176,000
- Physician – $174,000
- Family and General Practitioner – $168,500
- Psychiatrist – $164,000
Why are these the highest paying jobs?
There is some correlation with the amount of education and insurance costs these positions incur. Most doctors will graduate with close to a year’s salary in education loans. Add to that the cost of malpractice insurance, which can cost $100,000 on a yearly basis. This generally is what causes the pay to be significantly higher than many professions.
If you are looking for one of the highest paying professions, you may want to consider earning your doctorate in one of the medical fields. With the number of specialties available, you are certain to find one that suits your interests.