Searching for the highest paying doctorate degrees?
If you are entertaining the idea of continuing your education, you will likely want to know what the highest paying doctorate degrees are.
The list may surprise you. In years past, business executives held the top paying jobs. However, the shift is moving towards those in the medical field being the best paid.
Doctoral Degree Salaries from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those with a doctorate in a medical related field hold nine of the top ten highest paying professions.
Listed below are some of the highest paid professions and their average annual salary:
- Surgeons – $219,000
- Anesthesiologist – $211,000
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon – $210,000
- Orthodontist – $206,000
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist – $204,000
- Prosthodontists – $186,000
- General Internist – $184,000
- General Dentistry – $179,000
- Podiatrists – $176,000
- Physician – $174,000
- Family and General Practitioner – $168,500
- Psychiatrist – $164,000
Earn Your Doctorate Degree Online
If you are interested in earning a Doctorate Degree, but don’t have the time to commute to class, you may want to consider earning your doctoral degree online. Walden University currently offers more doctorate degrees online than any other accredited university. They also have accelerated 8-week online classes… an option that will help you earn your PhD faster than you think.
Walden University – Accelerated 8-Week Online Classes
Walden University offers accelerated classes: 8 week online classes.
The Walden University campus is located in Florida. Currently, Walden offers over a dozen online doctoral programs with over 100 specializations/concentrations available, giving you the opportunity to tailor your doctorate degree to suit your professional goals and interests
- Doctor of Business Administration – DBA (10 concentrations)
- PhD in Management (14 concentrations)
- Doctor of Education – Ed.D. (6 concentrations)
- Education Specialist – Ed.S. (6 concentrations)
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision (6 concentrations)
- PhD in Education (12 concentrations)
- PhD in Health Services (11 concentrations)
- PhD in Human Services (17 concentrations)
- PhD in Psychology (7 concentrations)
- PhD in Public Health (3 concentrations)
- PhD in Public Policy and Administration (27 concentrations)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice